- Prior to arriving at Eastside for tryouts, review the following:
- OVR Athletes’ Bill of Rights: http://www.ovr.org/forms/Athletes_Bill_of_Rights.pdf
- Use the age classification chart below to determine which age group you should register for: Age Classification Link
- Review the Eastside website for info on tryout dates and times, club policies, player fee amounts, practice times and our player/parent contract.
- Register for Eastside tryouts by clicking this button: TRYOUT REGISTRATION (opens week of 9/14)
- Purchase a USAV tryout membership on the OVR website for $10 at: http://www.ovr.org/register/female-junior.php You only need to do this once regardless of how many tryouts you attend. Note: You will not be allowed to tryout without a USAV tryout membership. A full USAV membership is $62.
- Attend the tryout you signed up for. Tryouts are held at the Eastside facility located at 8100 Tyler Blvd. in Mentor. Upon arriving, check in at the registration desk. You will be given a tshirt with a tryout number. Be sure to bring proof of your OVR registration and $20 for the Eastside tryout (cash or check). Make checks payable to Eastside Volleyball Club. The tryout will last for 2-3 hours.
- You will be notified about the results of your tryout via email within 2-3 days. The email will specify whether you are offered a spot on a team, put on a waiting list or not offered a spot on a team. If you are offered a spot on an American or Regional team, you must respond via email within 10 days to accept or decline the offer. If you are offered a spot on a National team, you must respond via email within 3 days to accept or decline the offer. If you are put on a waiting list, you will be notified within 10 days if you have been offered a spot on a team. You will then have 10 days to accept or decline the offer.
- In order to accept a spot on a team you need to respond via email to email@example.com that you are accepting a position on a team. Once you accept the offer you must sign into your Eastside account and electronically sign the contract, waivers together with a $200 non-refundable deposit must be returned within ten days of the tryouts date, or the offer may be withdrawn at the clubs discretion. Once a player has accepted a position, they cannot play for any other USA JO volleyball program during the season.
The contract must be on file to begin practice in December. If you signed an early contract & turned in your waiver at that time, you do not need to turn both in again.